Topics

Garden UPDATE

Sarah Hutt

Happy June Gardeners

Hope you are all doing well!  With so much happening, this will be one in a series of updates.

VISITORS TO THE GARDEN
Many gardeners have been unable to get back to Boston during the pandemic and have let neighbors and friends tend their garden or are sharing with friends and neighbors. Please be sure they understand  garden rules, to remove trash from gardens, and social etiquette of the garden.  And please remind them this is not a city run garden and water is paid for by the members. Questions ? check the web site: www.berkeleygardens.org

KEEP GARDEN GATES CLOSED
Even as the State & City loosen restrictions we will continue to keep the garden gates closed at all times.  If you are gardening with friends or if you have a friend tending your garden while you are away please make sure they understand this.

KEEPING THE GARDEN TIDY
A few gardeners have started to expand their garden plot into the B Row planters in front of their gardens.  Now with the addition of metal/plastic constructions around them we have been advised that this is not acceptable.  Starting next year no vegetables can be planted in the common planters.   Need inspiration for what the front of your garden could/should look like
– check out the flowers planted in Common Area planter in front of B105 -

WORK TO DO IN THE GARDEN
Berkeley Neighborhood Garden works because we are a team working together to make the garden our oasis in the city.  It is important to keep your garden planted and clear of debris.
  • Please pick up the trash around the garden and in Common Areas
  • If you are near a common area please water when you water your garden

Thank you