April 27 Day of Service

Sarah Hutt

Hi all,
Welcome new members and welcome back everyone else.  Thanks for all the work folks did this weekend - we really filled the dumpster!!
I will be sending emails for work that needs to get done in the garden and also the occasional project

The Trustees are holding a Day of Service on Thursday, April 27 at Berkeley Community Garden  Starting at 10 AM

Jeremy Dick the Trustees coordinator for Community Gardens will be putting together a team of at least 40 people to finish the scraping the fence so it can be painted.  Trustee staff and corporate volunteers and any of you will make up this team.

All time will go towards your 12 hours of work in the garden--- If you are interested in helping  please let me know

Projects:
  • Fence is clearly a priority. Plan will be to have as many people as possible on it to remove all loose paint, and potentially, all the paint that is still adhered. Fingers crossed. Following, we will sweep the sidewalk and scrap away any debris built up from the winter. Also, we can remove the remaining yellow panels that are now rusting.
  • Resurfacing areas of the pathway with stone dust
  • The archway at Shawmut can be painted
Amenities:
  • Trustees will provide gloves, goggles, masks, tools and equipment.
  • Lunch will be provided
  • The three parking spaces at Shawmut can be permitted for the day to allow support trucks to park/deliver
  • A portapotty can be dropped off for the day.

Thanks