Notice about Bird Feeders and bird baths

Sarah Hutt

Hello all!!

You may have seen articles in the news recently talking about a bird illness outbreak that's affecting songbirds in some areas in the Midwest and some Southern states..

The illness has not spread to Massachusetts yet  - but out of an abundance of caution, MassWildlife and Mass Audubon recommend that local birders take down bird feeders and bird baths until this concern subsides.

You can learn more from MassWildlife and Mass Audubon. They've got good information on how to clean bird baths and what to do if you should find a dead bird.

I've continued to bird daily in the garden - and I'm seeing a number of healthy-looking birds, including House Sparrows, House Finches, Robins, Chickadees, Starlings, Grackles, Mourning Doves, and Cardinals.

Hope that you are enjoying the birds, too!  What have you seen????????

Sari
Birder in Residence at Berkeley Community Garden