June 1st deadline to plant your garden

Sarah Hutt

Hello Gardeners

It's been great seeing the garden full of members again and busy in their gardens.  Most of you have done an amazing job this spring.

As we all know June 1st - per our rules - members are required to have their garden plot cleaned out and planted.  For those of you who haven’t gotten over to the garden this is your last warning - we will take back the plot if you aren’t going to use it.

Gardens please considering giving up your plot if you find you don’t have the time or interest to tend it this year.  You can always come back when things have changed.

Anyone who has to be reminded throughout the summer to take care of their plot will not be invited back next year.  It's a difficult position for gardeners around you who complain about the weeds and mess, and it's a huge distraction for the leadership commuity to have to manage individual members.

We have an active waiting list of enthusiastic gardeners clamoring to join Berkeley Community Gardens.

Bird Tour with the Audubon is this weekend - there are still places available if interested email info@...

Thanks all,