garden updates in response to COVID-19 Pandemic

Sarah Hutt

Dear Gardeners All !!!

As you are all aware I hope - the city is under a state of emergency over  the COVID-19 Pandemic.  If you have questions the State has set up a info line, dial 211.

So as a result Berkeley Gardens Leadership Committee has decided to make the following schedule changes.

1.   Starting Monday March 15th— We will open the garden gates during the daylight hours so we can share the garden with our neighbors who may be working from home and need a break to enjoy the spring flowers and watch our gardens come to life.
   Once we post a sign keeping the garden open will be a group effort:  We need early riser members to open the gates in the morning and last one out of the garden near sunset toclose the gate or anyone who likes a stroll after dinner or end of day dog walk please close them at night.  We do not want to leave the gates open during the night.

2.   We are postponing the March 28 Lottery and instead we will post a later time on the web site.<http://www.berkeleygardens.org/joinus/index.html

3. We are postponing the April 4 Cleanup + Potluck
NEW DATE:  Friday April 24, when the dumpster arrives around 10 AM, all day Saturday April 25, and Sunday 26th
The cleanup will be an open weekend to come and go on your own time.  We will have the dumpster for 3 full days.  More information will be posted mid April.

 4.  There will be no Potluck - if life settles back to normal we may have it during the summer.

Reminder - water won’t be turned on by City until mid April.

Other events: The Trustees has canceled the Gardeners Gathering but as of now the Annual Trustees Garden Plant sale May 17 at Berkeley is still on. <http://www.thetrustees.org/things-to-do/metro-boston/event-52694.html>

Thank you to everyone for paying dues on time - its a big job to get everything recorded.  If you have’t paid we want to thank you for your contribution to the garden, wish you all the best in your next garden and remind you to return your KEYS!!!

Finally if you see anything or anyone in the garden that makes you uncomfortable or anyone doing damage to the garden please report it as soon as you can to 911.
The Garden addresses are:
 213 Shawmut Ave
500 Tremont St
Public Alley 705