March 7 Berkeley Gardens update

I hope you have all had a chance to visit the garden to see the spring flowers - snowdrops and pansies.  Tulips and daffodils are popping out of the ground along with many early spring perennial plants.

NOTICE: Today is the last day to pay in person for your plot - join us 10 - Noon at Project Place Community Room.  (see your packet cover letter for more information)
 If you have waited to pay and plan to mail your check or pay on Paypal please let me know.
If you have decided you will not be returning please return your keys so we can recycle them.

Looking for help
I’m looking for someone to help me refresh the message boards on each end of the garden - There are some basic things that happen over the season that need to be posted but there are also opportunities to add new information.  All ideas welcome.

There has been some damage to the fence along the alley side of the garden.  While we wait for  a more secure fence to be installed we will need to maintain it.  If anyone has the skills and battery operated tools please respond to this email to arrange for more information and supplies.

Next week a list of tasks for the April 4 Official Garden Opening - our Annual Garden Cleanup + Potluck will be posted.

Remember if you are doing tasks for the garden like picking up trash Log Your Community Time:  cleanups@...  include: name, plot number, number of hours, description of task, and picture if you have it.

Finally as you begin to plan and plant in your garden please take note: Plant labels that are treated with Neonicotinoids kills the listed bugs but it also kills honey bees.  Consider buying plants that are not treated.  Every effort helps.

See you in the garden,