June update

Sarah Hutt

Hello all
Happy  Summer

Next Monday July 1 is the next Monday Night Cleanup and Social Hour weather permitting - with all our rain  we will still be pulling weeds, trimming plants that have gone through our C Row fence onto E. Berkeley Street, and the alley fence.

As Common Areas are being adopted, weeded, and in some cases replanted we are marking them off with string.  Please do not dig up plants in those areas.  Everyone is welcome to water plants if they appear dry and always pick up trash anywhere in the garden.

If you have anything on your mind and want to talk to someone on Leadership stop by during cleanup.

 If you have the City Yard Refuse bags you can but all the weeds and other plant cuttings in the bags and out in front of your home for trash pickup.  DO NOT leave in front of the garden.
 You can purchase Yard Refuse Bags at the Ace Hardware Store on Tremont St.

Help Needed
The crushed stone path has begun to wear away - we would like to order more but need a crew to spread the stone.

 If you are interested in joining a crew to spread the stone please reply to this email.

 If you work for a company that supports community volunteering please let me know so we can apply for help.

Delivery would be on a Friday and teams would be set up to work the following Saturday.

DON'T FORGET
MAYOR'S GARDEN CONTEST is coming up — we have had a few gardeners who have received recognition for their beautiful gardens - John + Tim C172 + C173  and Erin C104 are all Contest Hall of Fame Gardeners.  YOU COULD BE TOO
• Entry deadline: Wednesday, July 10 (applications close at 11:59 p.m.)
The annual event is a citywide celebration of urban gardening  The Garden Contest was launched as part of a citywide beautification initiative. https://www.boston.gov/departments/parks-and-recreation/mayors-garden-contest
application: https://www.boston.gov/departments/parks-and-recreation/mayors-garden-contest/2019-mayors-garden-contest
CONTEST TIMELINE
• Entry deadline: Wednesday, July 10 (applications close at 11:59 p.m.)
• Finalist notification: Thursday, July 18
• Judges visit gardens: Week of July 22
• Awards ceremony: Mid-August
FIRST PLACE WINNERS IN THE GARDEN CATEGORIES WILL RECEIVE:
• the "Golden Trowel" award from Mayor Walsh, and
• prize packages from the Parks Department and other sponsors at an awards ceremony in August in the Public Garden. (gift certificates to area garden stores and other event sponsors, tools, and other gardener gifts)
GARDEN CONTEST HALL OF FAME
Mayor Walsh will recognize Garden Contest Hall of Fame inductees at the awards ceremony. To be eligible for the Hall of Fame, a gardener must have won three or more times.

If you are doing work on your own Remember to Log Your Community Time everyone is required to do 12 hours of work per year - that’s one hour a month:  cleanups@...
 include: name, plot number, number of hours, description of task, and picture if you have it.

Thank you
QUESTIONS??????????  info@...