Compost coming FRIDAY May 17

Sarah Hutt

COMPOST DELIVERY Friday May 17th

Happy Spring everyone

Help is needed this Friday - May 17th to help with the Compost Delivery

Remember to keep neighbors from taking soil out of garden all garden gates will be locked until all soil is gone so please bring your garden key to get into the garden.

We will get 4 truckloads of soil - over a 4 hour time span - delivered to the Shawmut end of the garden—— to make sure everyone gets some it requires everyone share

 Each Member is allotted
2 wheelbarrows full of compost
or
10 - 5 white 5 gallon buckets
            or
10 rice bags.

First delivery will be before 10 AM but exact time will be posted in the garden.

Help is needed to make the delivery run smoothly:  Contact Joe C150 <joseph_antoun@...> if you can volunteer
  • To lay tarp over entire front area going down to about A104 garden to protect our crushed stone walkway and plantings along outside of gardens on A and B Rows.
  • Keep records of gardeners taking soil so we can tell if most gardeners are getting soil
  • Shawmut Ave Truck gate needs to be opened for the truck but closed to manage access to dirt.
  • Monitor shed and bring wheelbarrows and shovels out
  • By end of day make sure wheelbarrows and shovels are put back into the shed
Remember to keep neighbors from taking soil and out of garden all garden gates will be locked until all soil is gone so please bring your garden key to get into the garden.

Thanks everyone