Fwd from Trustees: City Natives; Plant Sales Hours & Upcoming Events

Sarah Hutt

To all gardeners
The Trustees sent out a reminder that you can visit their gardens in Mattapan to buy garden plants -

 Remember they will be in Berkeley Gardens next Sunday May 19  to sell garden vegetables and flowers: https://www.facebook.com/events/383757952477487/

The Trustees Boston Community Gardens staff is pleased to offer regular retail hours at City Natives nursery this spring! At City Natives, we grow and sell plants native to the eastern United States and Canada, offering a wide selection of native plants, trees, and shrubs well-suited to Boston’s urban and suburban gardens. In the spring and autumn, we also offer an array of heirloom and hybrid vegetable and herb seedlings, including medicinal herbs and compact and disease-resistant vegetable varieties. Our plants are sustainably grown and not treated with pesticides.

City Natives is located at 30 Edgewater Drive in Mattapan. Street parking is available on Edgewater Drive and Mattapan Square bus and trolley lines are a very short walk away.

Retail hours:
Tuesdays from 9AM-2PM (April, May, June, July, September)
Thursdays from 4-7PM (April, May, June, September)
Saturdays from 8-11:30AM (April, May)

Staff knowledgeable about both native plants and vegetable varieties may not be present at all sales hours, so if you need consultation, please contact citynatives@... in advance for best service.

In addition, we are pleased to announce the annual spring sales events;
May 19 at the Berkeley Community Gardens: https://www.facebook.com/events/383757952477487/