Garden Update April 4

Sarah Hutt

Good morning everyone -

Everyone continues to prepare for Saturday’s cleanup and cookout - the dumpster will arrive tomorrow and be on site through Sunday leaving very early on Monday morning.  There will be no parking along Shawmut Ave in front of the garden.  When you are putting stuff in the dumpster please load from the back and keep piles compact to utilize all the space — its a big dumpster but we always fill it to the top.

WATER
The water is being turned on this week in Boston’s Community Gardens.  We don’t know the exact time but Jeremy our Trustee representative will be in Berkeley today or tomorrow to make sure the pipes are in good condition and check for leaks.  Please notify info@... or contact Leadership rep if you see one of the irrigation stations leaking or notice any unusual areas in the group that appear to be saturated with water - this could indicate an underground leak.    The cost of water is one of the gardens greatest expenses so we all need to conserve when we can.

Thanks to everyone that volunteered to help on Saturday - there is still lots to do so we look forward to seeing everyone.

See you in the garden !
Berkeley Community Gardens Leadership committee

QUESTIONS: < info@...> or check the web site <www.berkeleygardens.org>
REMEMBER TO Log Your Community Time:  cleanups@...  include: name, plot number, number of hours, description of task, and picture if you have it.

Visit our Facebook page and post your pictures!!!:  FACEBOOK/Berkeley Gardens