South End Garden Tour needs volunteers

Sarah Hutt

To all - the Trustees are holding the annual South End Garden Tour - if you would like to help them sign up info is below
 -Please note the tour is NOT IN BERKELEY Garden this year -

The South End Garden Tour is on for Saturday, June 16th.

I am writing today to ask that you consider volunteering once again this year.

As you already know, the South End Garden Tour is an excellent opportunity to get a peek into the private gardens of the South End without risking trespassing charges. This year’s tour is a robust mix of private backyard gardens, small pocket parks, some interesting green spaces, and one very unique living roof.

It takes volunteer power on the day of the tour and we have an offer we hope you cannot refuse.

The tour remains a community-based event made possible by the generosity of garden owners, business owners, and countless volunteers. Proceeds from the Tour benefit community gardens in Boston, including the original SELROSLT gardens.

This year the Tour area is Dartmouth to Rutland, between Tremont and Columbus and Titus Sparrow Park to Yarmouth, between Columbus and the Southwest Corridor Park.

Volunteer for one two hour shift on the day of the Tour (Saturday, June 16th) and receive a free garden tour ticket. Three shifts are available 10AM – noon, noon – 2PM, and 2PM – 4PM. We ask that you check in at our booth at the South End Library (685 Tremont St) 1/2 before the start of your shift. That will give us time to get you set up and to your site.

We are especially looking for help in the afternoon!
June 16th 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (Rain Date June 17th 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) This year's tour area lies within Tremont St, Dartmouth St, Columbus Ave, and Rutland Square. Contact us at (617) 542-7696 x2127 or awolf@...
Not feeling up to the technology?
Call me at  617.869.6720, leave a message at 617.542.2122 x 2122, or email me at pbowne@....

Please share this information with friends, neighbors, and fellow gardeners!

Apologies if this is a duplicate or you have already responded -
Peter
Peter Bowne
Engagement Manager, South End/Lower Roxbury
Trustees  |  Boston
200 High Street  |  Boston, MA 02110
pbowne@...   |  617.542.7696 x 2122 (phone)  |  617.869.6720 (cell)