Plant Sale reminder and Compost DELIVERY

Sarah Hutt

Hi all,
Just a reminder about the Trustees South End Plant Sale @ Berkeley Community Garden
is Saturday, May 19 | 10AM-2PM

Our next Monday Night Cleanup and Social Hour is May 21 6 - 7pm

We will be looking for gardeners to walk the garden with us to make sure gardens are being planted,there is no trash building, and no overbuilding of structures.

June 1st is planting deadline - gardens must be tended or gardener will loose their garden.

We have also had some complaints about trash building up in gardens, and over building of structures.  As a reminder, fences must be no more than 6’ tall this includes overhead structures and 24"  from edge of fence - NO garden vines should grow beyond your garden into your neighbors garden -

These guidelines were established so everyone would get the sunlight and air circulation they require to grow a successful garden.  If you would like to help update our rules please contact info@...

We are looking for individuals for a maintenance committee - a group to work on plot fence and gate repairs throughout the garden.  If you're interested in doing some handi-work on your own or on the occasional weekend, contact John   johnmcboston@...

COMPOST will be delivered  on Friday May 25 between 10 - 11 AM
We are restricting everyone to a limited amount of soil so as to share with as many gardeners as possible.  We have set 10) 5 gallon white buckets OR 2 wheelbarrows     OR 5 rice bags

Compost is a service of the City of Boston Public Works Department Recycling Program and is for Berkeley Community Gardeners use in the garden ONLY.

thanks all.

Berkeley Community Gardens
EMAIL: info@...
LOG YOUR COMMUNITY HOURS: cleanups@...
GARDEN RULES AND INFO ON WEB SITE:  www.berkeleygardens.org
POST YOUR PICTURES:   FACEBOOK/Berkeley Gardens